Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Freaks, Families, Fangs...




So I watch a lot of TV... what of it? I very much enjoy finding a new show and obsessing over watching all of the past episodes until I catch up to the most recent. I figured I'd share with you some of my latest victims.

Last week I rented Freaks and Geeks from the library. After I heard some good peer reviews (isn't that how it always happens?), I decided to give it a whirl. I loved it. It was smart, funny and best of all, had James Franco in it. I'm not going to sell Jason Segal short but mmmm... James Franco. Anywho, I digress. It's a shame the show only lasted a season. I will forever wonder if Sam ever confessed his love to Cindy Sanders or if Lindsay and Nick get back together. Maybe Judd Apatow will tell us in his biography someday.

It's been hard finding a good TV show these days that is so funny it'll make you fall over crying. Last show I had this experience with was The Office and, like my dating life, that fuzzy feeling fizzled after just a short period of time. Modern Family has proved to be the knight and shining armor of sitcom television these days. BRILLIANT and laugh-out-loud funny. And the best part? It's only just begun. This show is too good for just two thumbs up. I give it three thumbs up. Or I guess two thumbs and a big toe.

Last summer I spent an unspeakable night with Sarah doing nothing but eating Thai food, frozen yogurt and watching 12 straight hours of True Blood. It wasn't one of my prouder moments but it was 12 of the most addicting hours of my life. These writers probably pump this show full of subliminal messages, at the end of each episode leaving you salivating for more. Did I mention how hot Eric the vampire is? If I didn't... well.... he's hot. A great show with suspense hidden around every corner. Another great recommendation, although I might warn you, this is an HBO series so beware of some rather, ahem, graphic scenes.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Maggie B. said...

Ok, my little TV aficionado, have you seen Pushing Daisies yet? At first, I thought it was going to be totally cheesey, BUT it turned out to be pretty cute. And, even if you don't like it, you get to look at Lee Pace's gorgeous mug!

Stefanie said...

I have an obsession with modern family...and a relatable life to How I met you mother. I suggest this..I have all 5 sweasons and after 2 unexpected deaths...I caught myself in a depression and would watch this show to lift my spirits :)