Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why?

Sometimes I ask myself, "Why does this even exist?" Can be a thought, a concept, a thing, a person... whatever. Since I think of these things quite often, I figured I would compile a list of some of the most questionable existences that frequent my daily thought:

1. Jean-on-jean: It's the pairing of a jean top with jean pants. Even worse is when the jeans are different washes. Regardless, should be avoided at all costs. Not to be confused with the "mom jean." All of these fashion no-no's are sure to create a deadly combination. Just don't do it.

2. Cellulite. Why? Enough said.

3. People like the dude from Indiana Jones last night: Let's just say he was a rather large fellow, with a huge head that blocked my view of the bottom half of the screen. Not to mention started chatting with his pal the first five minutes and I had to "shhhhhhh!" him for everyone else's viewing comfort. Oh and did I mention he "beefed" twice and it smelled horrible? And with Nick's overly-keen sense of smell, I was also distracted by his gagging noises. I swear I could not make this stuff up...

4. Local commercials: I know, this coming from a girl who works in advertising. That's not to say we haven't come up with nice commercials at my company, but we are in an overwhelming minority. I used to think Chico was the worst, but San Luis is right up there with them. I'm starting to think it's an epidemic.

5. Anyone driving past the age of 75: I'm sorry, but old people do not need to be on the road. They drive slow, hold up traffic, cause and nearly cause accidents, etc. And let me say I'm being liberal by saying 75 -years-old. A lady in her 60s was driving on the wrong side of the FREEWAY in San Luis a few weeks ago, didn't stop when the police tried to pull her over, rammed a cop car and was finally stopped 15 miles down the freeway in Arroyo Grande by a spike strip. Apparently she was "confused" and got no charges brought on her. Old people are dangerous beings.

That's all I can think of for now. Stay tuned for random posts about more "why's?"

No comments: