Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes


As do most people, I mainly watch award shows to critique the dresses. At this year's Golden Globes, I found myself un-wooed, if you will, at most of the fashion choices. Women like Angelina Jolie, Sophia Vergara and Mila Kunis were all beautiful as expected. But there were only a few ensembles that really stuck with me.

In a sea of one-shouldered and sleeved dresses, Carrie Underwood's champagne colored, strapless Badgley Mischka really hit the mark for me. I thought it was simple, elegant and classic. Plus, I like sparkles. What can I say?! A+.

It may have been Claire Danes' Golden Globe that she carried as an accessory that won me over, but her salmon colored dress with the plunging back simply wowed me. I thought the modern gown mixed with such a vibrant color was uber chic. Bravo.

A well deserved win, Natalie Portman took home the Globe for Best Actress in Black Swan. However, her dress really threw me for a curve ball. I absolutely despise red and pink together in an outfit. It sits way up there with "jean on jean." This isn't 1986 where Hollywood is lacking sophisticated maternity wear. Always the optimistic, I will be holding out hope for her Academy Award gown (and win).

And what was with J. Lo (or is it Jennifer Lopez? Or Jenny from the Block? Or Jennifer Anthony?) and that god-awful white number she pulled out? Did she steal that dress from the set of Selena? Don't even get me started...

I can't wait to watch the Fashion Police tomorrow and see the critic's choices compared to my very important opinions. What did you guys think?

No comments: